search

Custom Search

Monday 4 July 2011

Homemade Gel Ice Packs

This is a great one for the summer season that's usually full of scrapes and bumps.  So everyone who knows me knows now that I'm at home I love to do DIY or Do it yourself everything.  I love crafts and homemade stuff but my DIY has expanded to other areas.  Everyone always asks me how they should make something or do I know any home remedy.  So I'm going to give one of my fav tips to save and keep saving so I can stay at home with my kids.

1.  DIY Gel Ice Packs -- So I discovered these a few months back when my son had a fall and needed an ice pack and low and behold are gel pack was leaking.  I made my own gel packs.  I used the vaccu seal bags but I've made them with Ziplocs too.  Fill a bag with half a cup of Dish Soap, take the air out and freeze.  Now you have a flexible gel pack that's whatever size you want to make it.  I've also seen it made with 1 cup alcohol and 2 cups water but I find the soap one lasts longer.  It lasts way longer then the store bought packs and the vacu seal bags are much more durable.

So it's not the most interesting tip I've posted but I thought it might be useful.


 

hlussier@bell.net
http://itmakecents.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment