search

Custom Search

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Extreme Couponing in Canada?

All of you who live near a border know that there is no way we can top the american coupons...There coupons are doubled sometimes tripled on top of the already low prices.  I take full advantage of that every time I go to the States.  So I began to wonder if I could get any good deals in Canada.  I spend a lot of time couponing each day as I stay at home and my kids are now in school.  I have a few fav sites for getting coupons online, I go through fliers, and look in stores.  I have acquired a pretty substantial coupon collection which are all sorted and organized.  I keep a list of all the coupons I have so I know what to look for. When the fliers come I match up the sale items to the coupons I have.  Sometimes you save A LOT sometimes a little.  This week I wanted to see how much I could do with coupons.

Day 1 -- Dishwasher soap on sale @ $4.99
              vendor coupon       -------     $6.00

Left me with a $1.01 overage for every one I got.  Great so here is what I got:

11 boxes of dishwasher soap (for FREE or actually they paid me $11.11!!!)
6 bottles of bbq sauce $1.99 on sale minus  my $2 vendor coupon (flier)  = FREE or they owed me $0.06
6 boxes of Ziploc bags at $3 each minus my buy 2 save $4 coupon(internet) = $6.00
2 cans of Bush's baked beans $1.27 each minus my $1.00 coupon (flier) =  $0.54
2 boxes of granola bars for FREE with my cereal box coupons
1 Yogurt pack for $1.97 minus my $1.00 coupon (yogurt container) = $.97
2 boxes of Eggo waffles $2.97 FREE with my cereal box coupon
Cottonelle Toilet paper at $5.97 priced matched to $2.88 minus a $1.00 coupon from my fliers = $1.88

GRAND TOTAL OF THESE ITEMS = $1.78 cash

DAY 2

Yogurt tubes FREE with cereal box coupon
I used $26 in vendor coupons for other items I purchased

DAY 3

Tide on sale $4.93 at Canadian tire used the $5 scratch and win which made it FREE

DAY 4
6 bottles of 2L pop $2.17 price matched to $0.99 then used 3 buy 2 save $1 coupons = $0.49 a peice
2 more beans $1.27 minus $1 flier coupon = $0.54
Glade Fabric Refresher $3.17 price matched to $2 and used a $1.00 coupon from a flier = $1.00
Salsa was FREE with a coupon from a taco kit

All in all I got a lot more than I thought possible in free product this week!  I have used $145 in coupons in 4 days and spent very very little.  3 more days to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment